In 2015 and 2016, the world produced 148 million 60kg bags of coffee, according to the International Coffee Organization. You can be sure that come of that coffee came to Fayetteville.
The production and consumption of coffee continue to rise throughout the world. In Fayetteville, the number of coffee shops has increased, which is an excellent thing because coffee shops bring communities together. If you need to enjoy a mug of espresso today, you can make one at home or pass by your favorite barista.
Coffee Revives Neighborhood Life
Coffee has the power to bring communities together. When people frequent coffee shops with their families, children interact and make new friends while parents network with each other. Even if you only take a few minutes to sip down a cup of coffee, it is still enough to make a friend. You will find that many coffee shops do not have a parking lot, and if present, it is only for the worker’s cars. This way, neighbors can walk into the coffee shop where they enjoy each other’s companies.
Locally-owned coffee shops in Fayetteville can target specific people. If you love espresso, the coffee shop can make a cup just for you – and you will always frequent the place to have your favorite dose.
Shopping Locally Grows the Community
Local coffee shops serve local communities. Every cup you buy in the Fayetteville coffee shop is a step towards growing the local community. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that small businesses have created about 62 percent of new jobs in America . In 2018, the Small Business Profile went ahead to show that over 30 million small businesses in the U.S. employ about 47.5 percent of the country’s workforce. Most small businesses are in the accommodation and food industry – which is where coffee shops come in.
When you support the local coffee shop, you support the growth of the community. The coffee shop promotes other businesses such as bakeries and local supermarkets, and that is how a community grows. These businesses also pay taxes, money that still recirculates to help the community.
A coffee lover only needs a good espresso machine, a few seats, and the love for coffee to get started. Modern advanced espresso machines make it easy for business people to make coffee. They have advanced features ensuring that the espresso comes out sweet and thick. Plus, the machines come at reduces prices. All you have to do is support the coffee shop, and the business thrives.
Engage in Conversations in a Coffee Shop
Coffee shops carry the character of the neighborhood they serve. Whether it is the décor, the unique taste of coffee, or the conversations in the coffee shop, there is something unique about every coffee shop. When the barista makes your favorite cup of coffee, you will likely organize meetups and meetings in the coffee shop. There, you can have candid conversations and even close business deals. You can take your date to a coffee shop and eavesdrop on conversations.
Coffee Shops in Fayetteville
Fayetteville has a booming craft beer industry, and the coffee is catching up with the beer. You can enjoy a cup of fresh ground coffee as you browse. Not only do you get a steaming cup of coffee, but most coffee shops also offer delicious food and other drinks. Below are some of the coffee shops.
- Arsaga’s – The Coffee Shop is in four locations. It offers medium roast coffee in its Diedrich gas heated roaster. They also offer pastries and serve many other foods, including crepes, salads, and soups.
- Little Bread Co. – This shop specializes in baked goods, sandwiches, and coffee. Located on Block Street, the shop uses Mountain Bird coffee, which offers the best farm-to-cup quality.
- The Coffee Scene – Like other coffee shops here, the Coffee Scene started in Fayetteville but is now in two other locations in N.C. It is a full-service coffee shop with food, a drive-through window, and a hall for events.
- Onyx Coffee Lab – This is one of the largest coffee shops. In 2016, the shop was named Coffee Bar of the Year on Imbibe Magazine. Located at the Gregg and Township intersection, the shop is always full of coffee lovers.
- Mama Carmen’s Espresso Café – This café is on College Ave. The shop serves the best farm-to-cup coffee with beans from Mama Carmen’s coffee farm in Guatemala. Most of the earnings from the shop go towards supporting street children – which gives you great satisfaction knowing you are paying forward with every sip you take.
Every cup of coffee you enjoy in any of the coffee shops in Fayetteville is a chance to grow the neighborhood in big leaps. You have an opportunity to meet your neighbors and bond and network with them. If you run a coffee shop in Fayetteville, you have a chance at strengthening community ties – keep at it.